Fire Damages Small Portion of Outside Wall of Quality Inn in Salem
Malfunctioning Exhaust Fan Blamed for Starting Fire
0 0
Salem Firemen work to make sure the fire is out that started in an exhaust fan in the pool area and spread to the nearby wall.

Salem Fire Chief Roger Mann says a malfunctioning exhaust fan in the pool area of the Quality Inn at 1800 West Main Street set off a small fire that caused evacuation of the motel early Wednesday morning.

Mann reports a Salem Police officer had found the location of the fire coming out of an outside vent before the fire department's arrival. Firemen were quickly able to douse the flames. A four by six foot area of the outside wall leading to the pool area had to be torn out to expose the fire.

Firemen then ejected smoke from the pool area and a smaller amount of smoke from the first and second floor hallways.

Mann says eight to ten rooms were occupied and were evacuated as a precaution until firemen could determine the extent of the fire.

Odin Firemen responded with automatic mutual aid.

The fire call came in at 5:25 Wednesday morning. Firemen were called back around 7:15 to another alarm, but it was a malfunction in the alarm system.


Leave a comment:

· Subscribe to comments
Be the first to comment here!