Top 25 Basketball: Blue Devils and Wolverines Stay Undefeated
In other AP Top-25 hoops:
- Trey Burke had 22 points and 10 assists as No. 2 Michigan finished its non-conference schedule with a 88-73 victory over Central Michigan. Freshman Glenn Robinson III added 20 points. The Wolverines are 13-0.
-Fourth-ranked Louisville won its annual state battle with Kentucky. Russ Smith had a team-high 21 points and grabbed seven rebounds as the Cardinals beat the Wildcats 80-77. Chane Behanan finished with 20 points and seven boards, while Peyton Siva chipped 19 points to help the Cardinals improve to 12-1.
- Sixth-ranked Kansas walloped American U. 89-57 to run the Jayhawks' record to 11-1. Travis Releford led Kansas with 19 points on 7-for-8 shooting, including 5-of-6 from three point land.
- C.J. Fair scored 13 points, Trevor Cooney added 12, all in the second half to key a late surge, and ninth-ranked Syracuse beat Alcorn State 57-36 in the final game of the Gotham Classic.
- Deshaun Thomas scored 17 points and No. 10 Ohio State regained its shooting touch with an 87-44 victory over Chicago State in the Buckeyes' final tuneup before beginning Big Ten play.
- No. 12 Illinois nipped Auburn 81-79 behind Tracy Abrams' career-high 29 points. The Illini survived a poor shooting day by star Brandon Paul, who finished with 13 points but was 3-for-12 from the field, including an 0-for-5 mark beyond the arc.
- Kenny Boynton canned three 3-pointers in the second half when No. 14 Florida pulled away to beat Air Force 78-61 in the second game of the Orange Bowl Basketball Classic. Boynton had made only 4 of 32 from 3-point range over the previous five games.
- Doug McDermott scored 14 of his 29 points in a 6 1/2-minute stretch of the second half when No. 16 Creighton pulled away from Evansville, 87-70.
- Rotnei Clarke hit seven 3-pointers and finished with 22 points and the 18th-ranked Butler Bulldogs shook off a sluggish start and routed Vanderbilt 68-49 for their seventh straight victory.
- P.J. Hairston scored 15 points in his first career start as North Carolina knocked off No. 20 UNLV 79-73 at Chapel Hill. Dexter Strickland added a season-high 16 points for the Tar Heels.
- No. 23 North Carolina State was an 84-68 winner against Western Michigan as C.J. Leslie scored 19 points and Richard Howell added 18 on 8-for-8 shooting. The Wolfpack shot 55 percent from the field, padding their NCAA-leading field goal percentage.
- Rodney McGruder scored 17 points, Thomas Gipson had 13 points and six rebounds and No. 25 Kansas State struggled to a 52-44 victory over Missouri-Kansas City.
See other NationalSports news:Obama Dogs Pick Sides in Super Bowl 50
The Best Super Bowls in NFL History
Carolina Panthers Quarterback Cam Newton Named NFL MVP
Brett Favre Leads 2016 Pro Football Hall of Fame Induction Class
USC AD Pat Haden to Retire in June