Top 25 Basketball: Blue Devils and Wolverines Stay UndefeatedUNDATED (AP) - Top-ranked Duke needed a second-half rally to stay unbeaten. Seth Curry scored 12 of his season-high 31 points during a late run as the Blue Devils rallied to beat Santa Clara 90-77. Mason Plumlee had 22 points and 13 rebounds for Duke, which trailed 45-41 with 16 1/2 minutes left before holding the Broncos to just one field goal over the next 8 1/2 minutes. The Blue Devils also withstood Kevin Foster's 29 points and improved to 12-0.
In other AP Top-25 hoops:
- Trey Burke had 22 points and 10 assists as No. 2 Michigan finished its non-conference schedule with a 88-73 victory over Central Michigan. Freshman Glenn Robinson III added 20 points. The Wolverines are 13-0.
-Fourth-ranked Louisville won its annual state battle with Kentucky. Russ Smith had a team-high 21 points and grabbed seven rebounds as the Cardinals beat the Wildcats 80-77. Chane Behanan finished with 20 points and seven boards, while Peyton Siva chipped 19 points to help the Cardinals improve to 12-1.
- Sixth-ranked Kansas walloped American U. 89-57 to run the Jayhawks' record to 11-1. Travis Releford led Kansas with 19 points on 7-for-8 shooting, including 5-of-6 from three point land.
- C.J. Fair scored 13 points, Trevor Cooney added 12, all in the second half to key a late surge, and ninth-ranked Syracuse beat Alcorn State 57-36 in the final game of the Gotham Classic.
- Deshaun Thomas scored 17 points and No. 10 Ohio State regained its shooting touch with an 87-44 victory over Chicago State in the Buckeyes' final tuneup before beginning Big Ten play.
- No. 12 Illinois nipped Auburn 81-79 behind Tracy Abrams' career-high 29 points. The Illini survived a poor shooting day by star Brandon Paul, who finished with 13 points but was 3-for-12 from the field, including an 0-for-5 mark beyond the arc.
- Kenny Boynton canned three 3-pointers in the second half when No. 14 Florida pulled away to beat Air Force 78-61 in the second game of the Orange Bowl Basketball Classic. Boynton had made only 4 of 32 from 3-point range over the previous five games.
- Doug McDermott scored 14 of his 29 points in a 6 1/2-minute stretch of the second half when No. 16 Creighton pulled away from Evansville, 87-70.
- Rotnei Clarke hit seven 3-pointers and finished with 22 points and the 18th-ranked Butler Bulldogs shook off a sluggish start and routed Vanderbilt 68-49 for their seventh straight victory.
- P.J. Hairston scored 15 points in his first career start as North Carolina knocked off No. 20 UNLV 79-73 at Chapel Hill. Dexter Strickland added a season-high 16 points for the Tar Heels.
- No. 23 North Carolina State was an 84-68 winner against Western Michigan as C.J. Leslie scored 19 points and Richard Howell added 18 on 8-for-8 shooting. The Wolfpack shot 55 percent from the field, padding their NCAA-leading field goal percentage.
- Rodney McGruder scored 17 points, Thomas Gipson had 13 points and six rebounds and No. 25 Kansas State struggled to a 52-44 victory over Missouri-Kansas City.
See other NationalSports news:Former NBA Star Gilbert Arenas Isn't Actually Banned from Orange County Fair
Russian President Says FIFA President Deserves Nobel Prize
US Olympic Committee Pulls Boston Bid for 2024 Olympic Games
Cavs Will Trade Mike Miller and Brendan Haywood to Portland Trail Blazers
Report: Anti-Violence Group Advocate for Ray Rice’s NFL Return