Top 25 Basketball: Blue Devils and Wolverines Stay UndefeatedUNDATED (AP) - Top-ranked Duke needed a second-half rally to stay unbeaten. Seth Curry scored 12 of his season-high 31 points during a late run as the Blue Devils rallied to beat Santa Clara 90-77. Mason Plumlee had 22 points and 13 rebounds for Duke, which trailed 45-41 with 16 1/2 minutes left before holding the Broncos to just one field goal over the next 8 1/2 minutes. The Blue Devils also withstood Kevin Foster's 29 points and improved to 12-0.
In other AP Top-25 hoops:
- Trey Burke had 22 points and 10 assists as No. 2 Michigan finished its non-conference schedule with a 88-73 victory over Central Michigan. Freshman Glenn Robinson III added 20 points. The Wolverines are 13-0.
-Fourth-ranked Louisville won its annual state battle with Kentucky. Russ Smith had a team-high 21 points and grabbed seven rebounds as the Cardinals beat the Wildcats 80-77. Chane Behanan finished with 20 points and seven boards, while Peyton Siva chipped 19 points to help the Cardinals improve to 12-1.
- Sixth-ranked Kansas walloped American U. 89-57 to run the Jayhawks' record to 11-1. Travis Releford led Kansas with 19 points on 7-for-8 shooting, including 5-of-6 from three point land.
- C.J. Fair scored 13 points, Trevor Cooney added 12, all in the second half to key a late surge, and ninth-ranked Syracuse beat Alcorn State 57-36 in the final game of the Gotham Classic.
- Deshaun Thomas scored 17 points and No. 10 Ohio State regained its shooting touch with an 87-44 victory over Chicago State in the Buckeyes' final tuneup before beginning Big Ten play.
- No. 12 Illinois nipped Auburn 81-79 behind Tracy Abrams' career-high 29 points. The Illini survived a poor shooting day by star Brandon Paul, who finished with 13 points but was 3-for-12 from the field, including an 0-for-5 mark beyond the arc.
- Kenny Boynton canned three 3-pointers in the second half when No. 14 Florida pulled away to beat Air Force 78-61 in the second game of the Orange Bowl Basketball Classic. Boynton had made only 4 of 32 from 3-point range over the previous five games.
- Doug McDermott scored 14 of his 29 points in a 6 1/2-minute stretch of the second half when No. 16 Creighton pulled away from Evansville, 87-70.
- Rotnei Clarke hit seven 3-pointers and finished with 22 points and the 18th-ranked Butler Bulldogs shook off a sluggish start and routed Vanderbilt 68-49 for their seventh straight victory.
- P.J. Hairston scored 15 points in his first career start as North Carolina knocked off No. 20 UNLV 79-73 at Chapel Hill. Dexter Strickland added a season-high 16 points for the Tar Heels.
- No. 23 North Carolina State was an 84-68 winner against Western Michigan as C.J. Leslie scored 19 points and Richard Howell added 18 on 8-for-8 shooting. The Wolfpack shot 55 percent from the field, padding their NCAA-leading field goal percentage.
- Rodney McGruder scored 17 points, Thomas Gipson had 13 points and six rebounds and No. 25 Kansas State struggled to a 52-44 victory over Missouri-Kansas City.
See other NationalSports news:Florida Reinstates F Dorian Finney-Smith
Blackhawks Acquire Timonen from Flyers
Dan Mullen Extended Through 2018 Season
Rose has Knee Surgery, Should Miss 4-6 Weeks
Scoreboard Roundup - 2/27/15