RG III hopeful...Kolb done for the seasonUNDATED (AP) - Washington Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III says he feels the chances are "really good" that he'll be able to play against the Cleveland Browns.
The No. 2 overall pick in this year's draft practiced on his sprained right knee Wednesday as the Redskins returned to the field to prepare for Sunday's game.
Griffin favored his right leg slightly during the portion of practice open to reporters. He was officially listed as limited on the practice report.
Griffin says he "did enough" and that he will try to push the knee Thursday and Friday.
In other pro football news:
- The Arizona Cardinals have placed Kevin Kolb on injured reserve, ending the season for the only quarterback who was able to lead the team to victory this year. The Cards have lost nine in a row since alternating between John Skelton and rookie Ryan Lindley.
- Minnesota Vikings punter Chris Kluwe says he's been fined $5,250 by the NFL for wearing a message on his uniform promoting Ray Guy for the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Kluwe wore a note bearing the words "Vote Ray Guy" on top of his jersey patch commemorating the Hall of Fame during Sunday's game against Chicago.
- The Cowboys have placed Josh Brent on the reserve/non-football illness list. Brown is facing an intoxication manslaughter charge after being involved in a one-car accident that killed close friend and teammate Jerry Brown early Saturday morning.
- The New England Patriots have re-signed Deion Branch for their battered corps of wide receivers. They signed him for the second time this season after Donte' Stallworth joined Julian Edelman on injured reserve.
- Ahmad Bradshaw didn't practice with the Giants, but coach Tom Coughlin says he has not ruled the veteran running back out from Sunday's matchup in Atlanta despite a knee injury suffered in last Sunday's game.
- Oakland Raiders linebacker Rolando McClain returned to practice after serving a two-game suspension for conduct detrimental to the team. McClain started nine games this season for the Raiders but had not been at the team's facilities since Nov. 28, when he was kicked out of practice following an argument with coach Dennis Allen.
- The San Diego Chargers have placed defensive end Vaughn Martin and safety Darrell Stuckey on season-ending injured reserve. To take their roster spots, the team re-signed running back Curtis Brinkley and added linebacker Gary Guyton.
See other NationalSports news:Jets' Sheldon Richardson Charged with Resisting Arrest, Speeding
One Day After Failed Trade, Carlos Gomez Dealt to Houston
Blue Jays Acquire David Price from Tigers
Minnesota Judge Orders Tom Brady Lawsuit to Be Transferred to NY
NFL Upholds Tom Brady’s Suspension over Deflategate Scandal