Pistons win! Pistons win!...Heat lose in L.A.UNDATED (AP) - The Detroit Pistons earned their first victory after opening with eight defeats by bopping Philadelphia 94-76 in a game that ended with the hometown 76ers getting booed off the court by fans in the City of Brotherly Love.
Greg Monroe had 19 points, 18 rebounds and six assists to help the Pistons post their first W. Kyle Singler scored 16 points, and Tayshaun Prince and Brandon Knight each scored 15 points for a Detroit team off to its worst start in franchise history.
Four Pistons starters scored in double digits and forward Jason Maxiell had eight points and 12 rebounds.
The Sixers easily played their worst game of the season, shooting 30 percent. Lavoy Allen led Philly with 14 points.
In other NBA action:
- Chris Kaman scored 23 points and had eight rebounds in only his second start for the Dallas Mavericks, who held on for a 107-101 victory over winless Washington. The 0-7 Wizards are the only winless team in the NBA. O.J. Mayo had 25 points.
- Rudy Gay scored a season-high 28 points, Zach Randolph added 20 points and 11 rebounds before getting ejected along with Kendrick Perkins during a late-game altercation and the Memphis Grizzlies beat the Oklahoma City Thunder 107-97. The 6-1 Grizzlies have won six in a row and are on the best start in team history.
-- The Miami Heat ran into a fresher, bigger and more physical team on the road and the L.A. Clippers beat the Heat 107-100 despite 30 points from LeBron James. Jamal Crawford came off the bench and led the Clippers with 22. Blake Griffin added 20 points and 14 boards.
--Golden State edged Atlanta 92-88. Rookie Harrison Barnes scored 19 points and grabbed 13 rebounds for the Warriors.
- James Harden scored 30 points, Omer Asik added 15 points and 12 rebounds, and the Houston Rockets held off the New Orleans Hornets 100-96.
- Kemba Walker's jumper with 0.7 seconds left lifted the Charlotte Bobcats to an 89-87 victory over the Minnesota Timberwolves.
-- The Chicago Bulls outlasted Phoenix in overtime, 112-106. Carlos Boozer had 28 points and 14 rebounds.
- Brandon Jennings and Monta Ellis scored 16 points each to help the Milwaukee Bucks cruise to a 99-85 victory over the struggling Indiana Pacers, who lost their fifth in a row.
-- The Boston Celtics beat Utah 98-93. Paul Pierce scored 23, including two free throws with 19.5 seconds left to clinch it.
See other NationalSports news:Titans at Jaguars Thursday Night Preview
Orioles 1B Chris Davis Cleared to Use Adderall in 2015
Bucks' Jabari Parker Out for Season
Bo Pelini Takes Over at Youngstown State
ESPN: Marlins Have an Agreement with Morse