Pacers come out of break victorious
Paul George hit four 3-pointers while scoring a game-high 26 points in the Pacers' 108-98 win over the Hawks in Atlanta. George drained a pair of 3s while Indiana went on a 12-2 run to take a 73-54 lead early in the second half.
David West had 17 points and Lance Stephenson added 13 as the Pacers improved to 41-12 and moved 3 1/2 games ahead of second-place Miami in the East.
The Hawks lost their sixth in a row despite Kyle Korver's five 3-pointers and 19 points.
The Heat kept pace with Indiana as LeBron James poured in a season-high 42 points a 117-106 win at Dallas. James scored the first eight points and 10 overall in a 14-0 run that put the Heat up 106-95 after they trailed by one entering the fourth quarter.
Meanwhile, the San Antonio Spurs beat the Los Angeles Clippers in a battle of Western Conference division leaders. Patty Mills had 25 points, five rebounds and five assists as the Spurs won 113-103 in Los Angeles. Marco Belinelli finished with 20 points, while Tim Duncan added 19 and 13 rebounds.
The Clippers wasted Blake Griffin's 35 points and 12 boards.
The outcome leaves the Spurs 3 1/2 games behind the West-leading Oklahoma City Thunder and cuts the Clippers' lead in the Pacific Division to four games over Phoenix.
Also in the NBA:
- Toronto has a three-game winning streak after Kyle Lowry provided 24 points and 10 assists in a 103-93 triumph at Washington. Toronto shot 57 percent from the field and finished with 60 points in the paint to send the Wizards to their third consecutive loss.
- Gerald Green scored eight of his career-high 36 points as Phoenix downed Denver 112-107 to complete a four-game season sweep. Goran Dragic added 21 points and 14 assists to help the Suns hand the Nuggets their fifth straight loss.
- Charlotte rode Al Jefferson's 32 points, 12 rebounds and seven assists to a 108-96 victory over Detroit. Kemba Walker scored 22 points to help the Bobcats extend their lead over the Pistons to 1 1/2 games for the eighth and final playoff spot in the East.
- Mike Miller hit five of his seven 3-point tries and finished with 19 points as Memphis outlasted New York 98-95. Mike Conley had a team-high 22 points in the Grizzlies' third straight win, which puts them a season-high seven games over .500.
- Tyler Zeller scored a season-high 18 points and Cleveland ran its winning streak to five games by crushing Philadelphia 114-85. The 76ers have dropped nine straight, their longest slide since the 1996-97 season.
- Caron Butler scored 21 points and Milwaukee stopped a four-game losing streak by edging Orlando 104-100. Brandon Knight added 18 points and seven assists to the win.
See other NationalSports news:Michael Phelps Qualifies for His Fifth Olympic Team
Report: Talks Between Dwyane Wade, Heat Stall
Buddy Ryan, Former NFL Coach and Defensive Specialist, Dies at 85
Wimbledon Wardrobe Controversy and an Underdog Win in Opening Round
Scoreboard Roundup — 6/27/16