Not exactly the Super Bowl...Vick leads Jets...Flacco clicksUNDATED (AP)- - The Super Bowl teams slogged through a preseason opener delayed by lightning and a flurry of flags last night before linebacker Steven Jackson's end zone interception of Terrelle Pryor's pass sealed the Denver Broncos' 21-16 win over the Seattle Seahawks. There was a a 46-minute lightning delay.
Other NFL preseason highlights:
- New backup quarterback Kellen Clemens threw a 70-yard touchdown pass to Dontrelle Inman midway through the third quarter and the San Diego Chargers beat the Dallas Cowboys 27-7.
- Michael Vick led the New York Jets on a touchdown drive, capped by fellow newcomer Chris Johnson's 1-yard scoring run, in a 13-10 victory over the Indianapolis Colts.
- With new offensive coordinator Gary Kubiak at the helm, Baltimore's Joe Flacco produced an 80-yard touchdown march in his only series, and the Ravens beat the San Francisco 49ers 23-3.
- Sean Smith and Malcolm Bronson returned interceptions for touchdowns, De'Anthony Thomas brought back a punt 80 yards for another score and the Kansas City Chiefs beat the Cincinnati Bengals 41-39.
- Tom Brady took the night off, and Robert Griffin III played one series going 2 for 4 for nine yards as the Washington Redskins beat the New England Patriots 23-6.
See other NationalSports news:Ray Rice Wants a Second Chance, Says He's Changed Since Domestic Clash
Young Virginia Girl at Center of Basketball Controversy
MLB Suspends Blue Jays Aaron Sanchez and Manager John Gibbons
Ronda Rousey Slams Another Opponent, Body-Shamers
Tom Brady, Roger Goodell to Attend Deflategate Settlement Hearing