Not exactly the Super Bowl...Vick leads Jets...Flacco clicksUNDATED (AP)- - The Super Bowl teams slogged through a preseason opener delayed by lightning and a flurry of flags last night before linebacker Steven Jackson's end zone interception of Terrelle Pryor's pass sealed the Denver Broncos' 21-16 win over the Seattle Seahawks. There was a a 46-minute lightning delay.
Other NFL preseason highlights:
- New backup quarterback Kellen Clemens threw a 70-yard touchdown pass to Dontrelle Inman midway through the third quarter and the San Diego Chargers beat the Dallas Cowboys 27-7.
- Michael Vick led the New York Jets on a touchdown drive, capped by fellow newcomer Chris Johnson's 1-yard scoring run, in a 13-10 victory over the Indianapolis Colts.
- With new offensive coordinator Gary Kubiak at the helm, Baltimore's Joe Flacco produced an 80-yard touchdown march in his only series, and the Ravens beat the San Francisco 49ers 23-3.
- Sean Smith and Malcolm Bronson returned interceptions for touchdowns, De'Anthony Thomas brought back a punt 80 yards for another score and the Kansas City Chiefs beat the Cincinnati Bengals 41-39.
- Tom Brady took the night off, and Robert Griffin III played one series going 2 for 4 for nine yards as the Washington Redskins beat the New England Patriots 23-6.
See other NationalSports news:Wainwright shutout, 19th win as Cards beat Brewers
Angels clinch...Royals inch closer to Tigers
Stanton's season is over...West suspended...Jays' Stroman to appeal suspension
Cardinals' Dwyer arrested...Peterson, Hardy benched again...Call for Goodell resignation
New rules...Bills deal almost done...Niners QB to appear fine