Niese shoulder is OKUNDATED (AP) - The New York Mets say an MRI on pitcher Jon Niese's ailing left shoulder did not show any major problems. Niese had been scratched from his opening exhibition start, against Houston next Tuesday, and replaced by Zack Wheeler.
Niese was sent back to New York for the MRI on Wednesday after he complained of shoulder pain.
- The Dodgers Zach Greinke left his exhibition start against Arizona after just four pitches with a mild right calf strain. Greinke said he didn't think the injury was serious enough for him to leave the game, but he agreed to come out after speaking with manager Don Mattingly and Dodgers chief of medical staff Stan Conte.
- Milwaukee's Ryan Braun hit a two-run homer in his first at-bat since completing a season-ending, 65-game suspension in 2013 for violating Major League Baseball's anti-drug agreement. It came in the first inning of Milwaukee's spring opener against Oakland.
- Colorado pitcher Jayson Aquino has been taken to a hospital for tests after being hit in the head by a line drive during an intrasquad game. The left-hander didn't go down and was able to walk off the field after being struck.
See other NationalSports news:(11) Louisville Stomps (19) UConn to Claim Share of AAC Title
Jaguars Agree to Four-Year Deal with DE Red Bryant
Scoreboard Roundup - 3/8/14
(15) Bearcats Down Rutgers, 70-66
(1) Florida Rolls Past (25) Kentucky, 84-65