New deal for the coach
Also in the NFL:
- Chris Johnson has been released by the Titans, who told him they made the move to avoid paying the running back $8 million in 2014, along with the final three seasons left on his $53.5 million contract. Johnson ran for 1,077 yards last season, the second lowest total of his career.
- Veteran defensive back Champ Bailey has agreed to a two-year contract with the New Orleans Saints.
- The Buffalo Bills have acquired receiver Mike Williams in a deal with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
- Quarterback Dan Orlovsky is back with the Detroit Lions after signing a one-year contract.
- The New York Giants have agreed to a one-year contract with tight end Kellen Davis.
See other NationalSports news:Cowboys Draft Notre Dame LB Jaylon Smith in Second Round Despite Knee Injury
Warriors' Stephen Curry Hoping to 'Get Back Sooner'
NCAA Rescinds Ban on Satellite Football Camps
Miami Dolphins Stand by NFL Draft Pick Laremy Tunsil Amid Social Media Scandal
Leicester City One Win From Premier League Title