New deal for the coach
Also in the NFL:
- Chris Johnson has been released by the Titans, who told him they made the move to avoid paying the running back $8 million in 2014, along with the final three seasons left on his $53.5 million contract. Johnson ran for 1,077 yards last season, the second lowest total of his career.
- Veteran defensive back Champ Bailey has agreed to a two-year contract with the New Orleans Saints.
- The Buffalo Bills have acquired receiver Mike Williams in a deal with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
- Quarterback Dan Orlovsky is back with the Detroit Lions after signing a one-year contract.
- The New York Giants have agreed to a one-year contract with tight end Kellen Davis.
See other NationalSports news:Swimming Record-Holder Reece Whitley Named "Sports Illustrated" SportsKid of the Year 2015
Is Patriots’ Dont’a Hightower on the Injured List?
Seahawks Tight End Jimmy Graham Out for Rest of Season
New England's Rob Gronkowski Suffers Knee Injury
Miami Dolphins Fire Offensive Coordinator