NBA Wrap-Up: Charlotte Downs Bulls 91-81
Also in the NBA:
- San Antonio held Brooklyn to just five points on 2-for-20 shooting in the third quarter of a 104-73 blowout win against the Nets. Tony Parker had 20 points and Tim Duncan added 15 as the Spurs won their sixth in a row to finish their December home schedule 9-0.
- Russell Wesbrook had 24 points, nine assists and seven rebounds in Oklahoma City's 114-96 pounding of Phoenix. Kevin Durant was high scorer with 30 points and Serge Ibaka provided 16 points and seven rebounds in the Thunder's 12th straight home win.
- James Harden scored 28 points and Houston scored 16 straight points in the second quarter before holding off Atlanta 123-104, ending the Hawks' four-game winning streak. Carlos Delfino drained six three-pointers and scored 22 points to help the Rockets bounce back from their worst loss of the season, a 30-point debacle against Oklahoma City.
- LeBron James scored 10 of his game-high 36 points in overtime and finished with 11 assists and eight rebounds as Miami outlasted Orlando 112-110. Chris Bosh chipped in 22 points and Dwyane Wade added 21, including a dunk that put the Heat ahead by four with 6.2 seconds left.
- Indiana sits alone atop the Central Division after Paul George scored 21 points in the Pacers' 88-83 victory over visiting Memphis. D.J. Augustin had 17 points and David West added 13 points and nine rebounds for the Pacers, who have won five of six to take a one-game lead over the Bulls in the Central Division.
See other NationalSports news:No Investigation Planned for Jahlil Okafor Fight, Boston Police Say
Johnny Manziel Loses Starting Position over Lie About Partying Video
Brett Favre Given Key to the City and Packers Retire His Number
Cowboys Quarterback Tony Romo Suffers Collarbone Injury
Redskins Lose Cornerback Chris Culliver for Season to Torn ACL