Duke, San Diego St. win...'Nova outlasts Providence in 2OTsUNDATED (AP) - Fifth-ranked Duke has begun a stretch of four games in eight days by winning in Atlanta.
Jabari Parker had 16 points and 14 rebounds as the fifth-ranked Blue Devils whipped Georgia Tech 68-51. Rodney Hood sank four 3-pointers and scored 14 points for Duke, which never trailed and led by double figures for the final 28 minutes.
Duke is 21-5 overall, 10-3 in the ACC following its fourth straight victory and ninth in the last 10 games.
Elsewhere on the top-25 slate:
- Matt Shrigley drained four 3-pointers on his way to a 15-point night as No. 6 San Diego State silenced Utah State 60-45. Josh Davis added 12 points and Skylar Spencer 10 in helping the Aztecs improve to 23-2.
- Eighth-ranked Kansas beat Texas Tech 64-63 on Andrew Wiggins' layup with two seconds left. Wiggins finished with 19 points and Joel Embiid added 18 as the Jayhawks reached the 20-win plateau for the 25th consecutive year.
- Ryan Arcidiancono converted a three-point play with 3.6 seconds left in double-overtime to give ninth-ranked Villanova an 82-79 win at Providence. Arcidiancono paced Villanova with 21 points, JayVaughn Pinkston had 20 and James Bell added 17 as the Wildcats improved to 23-3 overall, 11-2 in the Big East Conference.
- Russ Smith scored 19 points and Luke Hancock added 16 as 11th-ranked Louisville ripped South Florida 80-54. The Cardinals shot 48 percent and earned their fifth straight victory in a tuneup for Saturday's game against No. 7 Cincinnati.
- Justin Anderson and Joe Harris made consecutive 3-pointers to cap a 23-6 run that allowed No. 14 Virginia to turn an 11-point, second-half deficit in a 57-53 victory over Virginia Tech. Malcolm Brogdon had a team-high 12 points in the Cavaliers' 10th consecutive win.
- Iowa State won a battle of ranked teams as Melvin Ejim scored 25 points and DeAndre Kane added 22 to guide the 17th-rated Cyclones to a victory over No. 19 Texas 85-76. Georges Niang had 20 points for the Cyclones, who clinched their third straight 20-win season under coach Fred Hoiberg.
- No. 18 Kentucky beat Mississippi 84-70 behind Julius Randle's 25 points and 13 rebounds. Aaron Harrison finished with 17 points for the Wildcats, who used a 15-0 run to take a 25-11 lead.
- Indiana postponed its game against No. 15 Iowa after an 8-foot piece of metal fell into the seats at Assembly Hall about six hours before tipoff. No makeup date was immediately announced.
See other NationalSports news:Scoreboard Roundup - 7/29/14
Lakers Introduce Byron Scott
NCAA Settles Concussion Lawsuit
Lions Table Ndamukong Suh Contract Talks
ESPN: Blake Griffin Has Small Back Fracture