Duke, San Diego St. win...'Nova outlasts Providence in 2OTs
Jabari Parker had 16 points and 14 rebounds as the fifth-ranked Blue Devils whipped Georgia Tech 68-51. Rodney Hood sank four 3-pointers and scored 14 points for Duke, which never trailed and led by double figures for the final 28 minutes.
Duke is 21-5 overall, 10-3 in the ACC following its fourth straight victory and ninth in the last 10 games.
Elsewhere on the top-25 slate:
- Matt Shrigley drained four 3-pointers on his way to a 15-point night as No. 6 San Diego State silenced Utah State 60-45. Josh Davis added 12 points and Skylar Spencer 10 in helping the Aztecs improve to 23-2.
- Eighth-ranked Kansas beat Texas Tech 64-63 on Andrew Wiggins' layup with two seconds left. Wiggins finished with 19 points and Joel Embiid added 18 as the Jayhawks reached the 20-win plateau for the 25th consecutive year.
- Ryan Arcidiancono converted a three-point play with 3.6 seconds left in double-overtime to give ninth-ranked Villanova an 82-79 win at Providence. Arcidiancono paced Villanova with 21 points, JayVaughn Pinkston had 20 and James Bell added 17 as the Wildcats improved to 23-3 overall, 11-2 in the Big East Conference.
- Russ Smith scored 19 points and Luke Hancock added 16 as 11th-ranked Louisville ripped South Florida 80-54. The Cardinals shot 48 percent and earned their fifth straight victory in a tuneup for Saturday's game against No. 7 Cincinnati.
- Justin Anderson and Joe Harris made consecutive 3-pointers to cap a 23-6 run that allowed No. 14 Virginia to turn an 11-point, second-half deficit in a 57-53 victory over Virginia Tech. Malcolm Brogdon had a team-high 12 points in the Cavaliers' 10th consecutive win.
- Iowa State won a battle of ranked teams as Melvin Ejim scored 25 points and DeAndre Kane added 22 to guide the 17th-rated Cyclones to a victory over No. 19 Texas 85-76. Georges Niang had 20 points for the Cyclones, who clinched their third straight 20-win season under coach Fred Hoiberg.
- No. 18 Kentucky beat Mississippi 84-70 behind Julius Randle's 25 points and 13 rebounds. Aaron Harrison finished with 17 points for the Wildcats, who used a 15-0 run to take a 25-11 lead.
- Indiana postponed its game against No. 15 Iowa after an 8-foot piece of metal fell into the seats at Assembly Hall about six hours before tipoff. No makeup date was immediately announced.
See other NationalSports news:Hampton University Becomes First HBCU with Division I Men's Lacrosse Team
Kentucky Coach Calipari Ejected from Game Against South Carolina
FIFA Suspends Former Secretary General Jérôme Valcke for 12 Years
Basketball Hall of Fame Names 14 Finalists for Induction
Tim Tebow's 'Night to Shine' Prom Experience for Teens With Special Needs