Cardinals win by 41...Cowboys upset Wolfpack to win Puerto Rico tourneyUNDATED (AP) - Second-ranked Louisville was clicking on all cylinders as the Cardinals more than doubled Miami of Ohio 80-39. Russ Smith had a game-high 23 points and Wayne Blackshear added 14 points and six rebounds.
The Cardinals shot 48 percent overall and hit 12 of 26 from behind the arc. The Cardinals defense forced 19 turnovers and held Miami to 30 percent shooting.
- Deshaun Thomas tied a career high with 31 points and led No. 4 Ohio State to a 77-66 win over Washington and the championship of the Hall of Fame Tip Off tournament.
Le'Bryan Nash has 23 points and Marcus Smart added 20 points, seven rebounds, seven assists and Oklahoma State earned a 76-56 win over No. 6 N.C. State in the title game of the Puerto Rico Tipoff.
- Eighth-ranked Syracuse opened its home schedule by beating Wagner 88-57 for a 34th straight victory in the Carrier Dome against nonconference opponents. Brandon Triche was high man for the Orange with 21 points.
- Mason Plumlee scored a career-high 28 points, and No. 9 Duke routed Florida Gulf Coast 88-67 for its school-record 96th straight nonconference win at home.
- Kenny Boynton had 20 points and Will Yeguete scored 11 and grabbed 13 rebounds to help No. 10 Florida pull away to a 66-45 victory over Middle Tennessee.
- No. 15 Creighton defeated overmatched Presbyterian 87-58. Doug McDermott scored a team-high 24 points and Ethan Wragge scored 18 points on six three-pointers. The Bluejays are 3-0 on the season.
- Brady Heslip had a career-high 29 points on eight 3-pointers, Isaiah Austin and Cory Jefferson had double-doubles and No. 16 Baylor bounced back from its first loss to beat St. John's 97-78 and take third place at the Charleston Classic.
- Elias Harris scored 16 points and grabbed a career-high 18 rebounds and No. 19 Gonzaga topped South Dakota 96-58.
- No. 21 Michigan State pounded Texas Southern 69-41 to improve to 2-1. Gary Harris scored 19 points to lead the Spartans to their 36th-straight victory in a home opener.
-- No. 22 Wisconsin routed Cornell 73-40. Ben Brust and Jared Berggren both led the Badgers with 18.
-- In a double-overtime thriller, Connecticut reached the final of the Paradise Jam in U.S. Virgin Islands by beating Quinnipiac 89-83. UConn plays New Mexico in the final.
- Cincinnati beat up on N.C. A&T to the tune of 93-39. Sean Kilpatrick hit all eight of his shots from behind the arc and scored a career-high 29 points to help the Bearcats improve to 3-0.
See other NationalSports news:Jameis Winston Cleared of Any Wrongdoing
Patriots Hold Off Jets, Clinch First-Round Bye
Lions Rally Past Bears, Setting Stage for Huge Matchup with Packers
After Knocking Off Chiefs, Steelers Are Playoff Bound
Cowboys Crush Colts, Capture NFC East Crown