49ers suspend RB Brandon Jacobs
One of those posts during the weekend said he was "on this team rotting away."
The 30-year-old Jacobs has five carries for 7 yards while playing in only two games with the NFC West-leading Niners.
In other NFL News:
- Washington Redskins coach Mike Shanahan says Robert Griffin III has a Grade 1 sprain of a ligament in the right knee but might be able to play in next week's game against the Cleveland Browns. The rookie quarterback was hit at the end of a scramble late in regulation in the Redskins' 31-28 overtime win over the Baltimore Ravens.
- Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler says he expects to play this week against Green Bay. Cutler left Sunday's loss at Minnesota with a sore neck, but says he got treatment and "unless something drastic happens" he'll be ready to go. Cutler missed a game last month with a concussion.
- Michael Vick and LeSean McCoy have passed concussion tests and could return to Eagles practice once they've been cleared by an independent neurologist. Vick has missed the last four games and McCoy the last three.
- Chiefs wide receiver Dwayne Bowe will miss next week's game at Oakland with a rib injury, and coach Romeo Crennel says it's possible Kansas City's leading receiver is done for the season.
- The Jacksonville Jaguars say coach Mike Mularkey has been released from a hospital after a brief stay that included tests, but the team offered few other details. Mularkey showed up at the practice facility a day after his team's 17-10 loss to the New York Jets and started feeling ill.
- Titans tight end Jared Cook has a torn right rotator cuff and will be placed on injured reserve for the final three games. Cook was hurt in Sunday's 27-23 loss to Indianapolis.
- The Arizona Cardinals have claimed quarterback Brian Hoyer off waivers from the Pittsburgh Steelers. Hoyer was with the Steelers for three weeks while Ben Roethlisberger was injured.
See other NationalSports news:Semi-Finalists Announced for Pro Football Hall of Fame Class of 2016
DraftKings and FanDuel Headed to New York Court
Bengals Defensive End Wallace Gilberry Makes One Family's Holiday
Johnny Manziel Demoted After Social Media Posts, Josh McCown to Start
Mike Pettine Might Bench Johnny Manziel After Social Media Posts