Two Men Plead No Contest to Stealing Part of Paul Walker's Crashed Car
(LOS ANGELES) -- Two men, who were accused of stealing a vehicle part from the wrecked car in which Fast and Furious star Paul Walker was killed, entered a no contest plea on Wednesday.
The Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office says that Anthony Janow, 26, pleaded no contest to charges of destroying evidence, resisting and obstructing, and delaying a peace officer. Jameson Witty, 18, entered a no contest plea to the same charges, while Janow faces an additional felony charge of grand theft of personal property.
Both defendants made their pleas without negotiating with the District Attorney's Office. Witty is scheduled to be sentenced on Aug. 14, while Janow's sentencing hearing is scheduled for Oct. 23.
The two men allegedly stole a roof panel from the tow truck that was carrying the destroyed vehicle. The District Attorney's Office says that the two were told previously that they could not take any part of the vehicle.
Copyright 2014 ABC News Radio
See other NationalNews news:Two Men Walk Free After 40 Years in Prison for Crime They Didn't Commit
Two in Ferguson Charged With Lying on Forms to Buy Guns Ahead of Grand Jury Decision
WWII Love Letters Reveal 3 Soldiers Vying for Same Woman’s Heart
Military Mom's ‘Pride Packages’ Spread Love and Support Overseas
Phone Scams: Why People Keep Falling for the Oldest Scam in the Book