Centralia Orphans Stay Perfect; High School Basketball RoundupThe Centralia Orphans jumped out to an early lead and stopped a late game rally to beat O'Fallon 60-53 Saturday night.
Centralia led 17-13 after the first quarter and built up a 33 to 27 halftime lead before O'Fallon got to within two points with just over three minutes left in the game. Jerod Simmons-Young scored 22 points to lead the Orphans. Chase Alcorn had 14. O'Fallon was led by Donovan Franklin with 16 points and Darien McClain with 14.
The Orphans improve to 5-0. They play at Marion on Friday night.
In other Saturday night boys basketball games:
- Althoff Catholic 58, Breese Mater Dei 53
- Breese Central 44, Triad 30
- Cahokia 60, Sacred Heart-Griffin (Springfield) 40
- Edwardsville 60, Collinsville 40
- Harrisburg 77, Gallatin County 51
- Mt. Zion 100, Pana 57
- Nashville 48, Columbia 30
- Terre Haute North, Ind. 65, Robinson 50
- Trenton Wesclin 70, Freeburg 66
DuQuoin Tip-Off Classic
- Flora 57, DuQuoin 32
- Vandalia 47, Hamilton County 30
- Vandalia 72, Flora 44
Kaskaskian Classic Tournament
- Carlyle 47, Hillsboro 40
- Greenville 41, Hillsboro 33
- Lovejoy 62, Greenfield 60
- Riverton 38, Breese Mater Dei 28
- Taylorville 52, Mattoon 40
- Tolono Unity 42, Paris 29
See other LocalSports news:Salem Hosts St Anthony In Prep Golf...Hornets Win Rockets Invitational...RLC Has Good Opening Day
KC Opens Cross Country Season...Salem Has Good Showing In Metro East...
KC Blue Angels Still Unbeaten
Castillo, Valbuena help Cubs beat Brewers 4-2
Holliday, Wong lead Cardinals past Pirates, 5-4