Breese Mater Dei Comes From Behind to Beat Centralia, 45-42The Breese Mater Dei Knights came from behind to beat the Centralia Orphans 45 to 42 Saturday night. The game went down to the final second, when Jerod Simmons-Young missed a three pointer that would have tied the contest. The Knights were down ten points in the opening minutes of the third period before going on a rally that eventually put them in the lead for good at 37-34 with just under four minutes of the game remaining. Simmons-Young led the Orphans with ten points.
The loss gave the Orphans a split for the weekend, as they beat Marion 69-61. Simmons-Young had a career high 25 points in that game. The Orphans are now 17-7. The win improved the Knights to 15-11.
In other Saturday night high school basketball action:
- Belleville West 60, Althoff Catholic 51
- Carlyle 72, Lebanon 46
- Carterville 58, Sparta 54
- Chester 62, Trico 55
- Effingham 61, Pana 34
- Effingham St. Anthony 78, Moweaqua Central A&M 66
- Flora 54, Woodlawn 53
- Harrisburg 75, West Frankfort 46
- Massac County 74, Benton 38
- Mt. Zion 48, Decatur St. Teresa 46
- Murphysboro 57, Herrin 48
- Nashville 54, Anna-Jonesboro 30
- Neoga 51, Beecher City 49
- Norris City 62, Wayne City 33
- Okawville 64, Freeburg 56
- Pinckneyville 42, DuQuoin 41
- Waterloo Gibault 61, Trenton Wesclin 42
- Madison 61, Paris 48
- Robinson 58, Mascoutah 50
- Teutopolis 70, Alton 60
See other LocalSports news:Post 128 Wins Fifth Division Tournament....Next Stop, State!
Bauer Helps Buds To CCL Win...
Wada earns 1st MLB win as Cubs beat Rockies
Dodgers acquire 2B Barney in trade with Cubs
Northwestern coach: Union push unified team