Breese Mater Dei Comes From Behind to Beat Centralia, 45-42The Breese Mater Dei Knights came from behind to beat the Centralia Orphans 45 to 42 Saturday night. The game went down to the final second, when Jerod Simmons-Young missed a three pointer that would have tied the contest. The Knights were down ten points in the opening minutes of the third period before going on a rally that eventually put them in the lead for good at 37-34 with just under four minutes of the game remaining. Simmons-Young led the Orphans with ten points.
The loss gave the Orphans a split for the weekend, as they beat Marion 69-61. Simmons-Young had a career high 25 points in that game. The Orphans are now 17-7. The win improved the Knights to 15-11.
In other Saturday night high school basketball action:
- Belleville West 60, Althoff Catholic 51
- Carlyle 72, Lebanon 46
- Carterville 58, Sparta 54
- Chester 62, Trico 55
- Effingham 61, Pana 34
- Effingham St. Anthony 78, Moweaqua Central A&M 66
- Flora 54, Woodlawn 53
- Harrisburg 75, West Frankfort 46
- Massac County 74, Benton 38
- Mt. Zion 48, Decatur St. Teresa 46
- Murphysboro 57, Herrin 48
- Nashville 54, Anna-Jonesboro 30
- Neoga 51, Beecher City 49
- Norris City 62, Wayne City 33
- Okawville 64, Freeburg 56
- Pinckneyville 42, DuQuoin 41
- Waterloo Gibault 61, Trenton Wesclin 42
- Madison 61, Paris 48
- Robinson 58, Mascoutah 50
- Teutopolis 70, Alton 60
See other LocalSports news:Wacha Improves to 7-0, Cards End 3-Game Skid by Beating KC
Goldschmidt Homers, D-Backs Beat Cubs 4-3 to Take Series
SMALL SCHOOL BASEBALL POST SEASON RESULTS....
SALEM FALLS TO CARBONDALE....PREP SOFTBALL RESULTS
PREP SOCCER POST-SEASON CONTINUES....