Windblown Rural Odin Fire Burns 25 AcresAn unattended trash fire is blamed for starting a fire that burned 25 acres of grass and woods south of Odin Thursday morning.
Odin Fire Chief Greg Smith says the fire was on the Steve Purkaple property at 26-59 Soper Drive. It started from an unattended trash fire. Smith says the higth winds made it difficult to stop and get ahead of the fire.
The only building nearby was Purkaple's mobile home, which firemen were able to protect from the fire.
Salem Firemen provided a a brush truck and Sandoval a tanker truck on mutual aide. Firemen were on the scene for several hours.
See other LocalNews news:Judge Rules Chicago Man Can Stand Trial for SIU Threats
Bill Would Allow Illinois Students to Opt Out of State Tests
Medicaid Hit With $106 Million Cut From Illinois Budget Deal
Mt. Vernon and Nashville Men Among Those Hurt in Perry County Wreck
Evers Field and Trout Arena Selected For Centralia High Sports Facilities