Vacant Home Destroyed By Fire In CentraliaA vacant Centralia home was destroyed by fire Saturday night.
The home at 705 East Cormick was fully engulfed in flames upon the fire department's arrival. Centralia City Firemen say the roof had already caved in and the walls were beginning to come down.
Firemen concentrated their efforts to keep the fire from spreading to an adjacent vacant structure to the east at 709 East Cormick. It was not damaged.
All three shifts of firefighters were called in to battle the blaze. Firemen say they were hampered by an initial shortage of manpower and the hot weather conditions. There were no injuries.
The cause of the fire is listed a suspicious because there were no utilities to the home. The last known owners of the home were Warren Hattie and Leslie Dardon.
Firemen were on the scene for about an hour and a half, beginning at 7:13 Saturday night.
See other LocalNews news:Former Area Resident Dies in Colorado Motorcycle Crash
Sandoval Motorcyclist Injured in Crash on U.S. 51 North of Sandoval
Salem Man Arrested for Home Invasion and Aggravated Domestic Battery
Police Beat for Sunday, April 19th, 2015
Two Charged; Two Released Following Sex Offender Registration Check in Centralia