Salem Firemen Answer Two CallsSalem Firemen report minor damage to the wiring of a 2003 Grand Prix that caught fire in the 300 block of North Jefferson Saturday night. Fire officials say Mark Ussery of Oklahoma was in the process of installing new stereo equipment when a wiring short developed starting the fire in the engine compartment.
Salem Firemen were called out to a gas odor in the 32-hundred block of Red Stripe Road south west of Salem early Sunday morning. The odor apparently was not from a gas leak, but rather the nearby oil fields.
See other LocalNews news:Salem Township Hospital Receives Top Rating From Federal Agency
Salem Hospital Board Approves Purchase of New Cat Scan Unit
Salem Hospital Board Says Goodbye To Doctor; Interviews for Presidents Job
New Illinois Schools Chief Says Funding Fix Could Take Years
Fatal Metropolis Police Shooting Deemed Justified