Request to Reduce Clinton County Man's Sentence for Killing Toddler DeniedA Clinton County man sentenced to prison for murder has had his request denied for his sentence to be reduced. According to Clinton County State Attorney John Hudspeth, the Circuit Court denied 26-year-old Scott Endicott's request on September 25th. Hudspeth says he will serve 100-percent of his 60-year sentence.
Endicott was sentenced to 60-years in prison in September 2010 for fatally beating three-year-old Joseph Schoolfield in January 2009. Endicott reportedly beat the boy and then surfed the Internet for pornography while the child's condition worsened. He sent text messages to the boy's mother telling her that her son had been injured, but didn't seek help. Schoolfield died three days later. Authorities say the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services once removed Joseph from his mother's custody when Endicott was accused of abusing him, but returned the child a month later.
Endicott entered an Alford plea in 2010, in which a defendant maintains his innocence but admits there's sufficient evidence to convict him. Hudspeth says he will serve 100-percent of his 60-year sentence under Illinois' Truth in Sentencing Law.
See other LocalNews news:Police Beat for Sunday, January 25th, 2015
Illinois 'Fracking' Off to Slow Start Amid Oil-Price Slump
Coal Mining Simulator Coming to Southern Illinois
85,000 Temporary Driver's Licenses Issued to Immigrants
Patient Transport System Unveiled at Scott Air Force Base