Pole Hole Digger Severs Natural Gas Line
Centralia Fire Protection District officials say the incident occurred on the Michael Brannon property at 13-05 Dover in Wamac. There were no injuries or fire, but the ruptured line was making a hissing sound as gas escaped.
Firemen stood by until Ameren crews arrived on the scene. As a precaution, firemen put out a nearby trash fire.
See other LocalNews news:Police Beat for Monday, August 31st, 2015
1st Share Fest in Salem Draws Good Crowd
Weather Helps Bluegrass and BBQ Festival, But Future Uncertain
Prayer Vigil Focuses on Taking Back Centralia Following Recent Violence
Salem Township Hospital Opens New Phase II Addition for Tours