One Injured As Fire Destroys Junction City HomeOne person was taken to the hospital for treatment of smoke inhalation when fire destroyed a Junction City home early Sunday morning.
Sandoval Fire Chief Chad Parson says a total of six people were in the Nancy Kinney home at 812 Adams when the fire was discovered. Kinney was taken to St. Mary's Hospital in Centralia after other family members helped get her out of the burning home. Kinney's daughter, Beth Loyd, and son-in-law, Don Loyd, and their three children all escaped unhurt.
Parson says Don Loyd discovered the fire after he woke up and thought he heard the smoke detector and found smoke filling the hallway. The fire burned through two roofs on the double wide mobile home and completely consumed two bedrooms at one end of the home where the fire apparently started. The rest of the home sustained heavy heat, smoke and water damage. Parson says a few items might be salvageable from the living room.
Parson believes the fire is electrical in nature. The State Fire Marshall's office has been called in to try and further pinpoint the cause.
Odin and Centralia Fire Protection District officials were both called for mutual aide assistance. Life Star Ambulance responded with mutual aide to help the Sandoval ambulances keep up with assisting firemen from the extreme heat. Parson says a few firemen felt woozy due to the effects of the heat, but no injuries were reported.
The Red Cross was called to assist the family with temporary housing and other assistance. The fire call came in at 12:30 Sunday morning. Firemen were on the scene until around 4 Sunday morning.
See other LocalNews news:Minor League Joins The Greater Salem Chamber of Commerce & Tavie Tots for A Grand Re-Opening
Illinois House Moves to Block Contentious Pay Raise for Lawmakers
Rauner Signs Expanded Eligibility Law for Food Stamps Users
New Dollar General Store Construction in Centralia Sees Progress
Lake Centralia Resident Requests Clean Water Testing from City Manager