Mt. Vernon Mobile Home Destroyed by FireA mobile home south of Mt. Vernon has been destroyed by fire. Jefferson Rural Firemen report the occupant, William White of 80-17 North Taft Road, was able to escape after waking up around 1:30 Tuesday morning to his house on fire. He received smoke inhalation and was taken to Good Samaritan Hospital in Mt. Vernon for treatment. Jefferson County Sheriff's Deputies reported the mobile home totally engulfed in flames upon their arrival. Firemen say the home is a total loss and the fire had such a large head start it is not clear what part of the house the fire started. The department was on the scene for about three hours. There were no injuries in fighting the fire. The rental mobile home is owned by Scott Clifton of Mt. Vernon.
See other LocalNews news:Lynn Beats Giants for 1st Time, Hurts Ankle, Cardinals Win
Salem Township Hospital Holding Open House Sunday For New Patient Rooms
Prayer Vigil To Pray for Centralia Community and Change Set for Sunday Afternoon
Candle Light Memorial For Suicide Victims Planned on Marion County Courthouse Square
Police Beat for Saturday, August 29th, 2015