WJBD Radio

Images

Now Playing

Local News

WJBD - Local News - Mt. Vernon Firemen Called To Fire at Royal Inn

Mt. Vernon Firemen Called To Fire at Royal Inn

By Bruce Kropp, WJBD News

Mt. Vernon Firemen say a fire in a mattress at the Royal Inn at 750 South Tenth had been mostly extinguished before they arrived on the scene early Wednesday morning.  

Firemen report they drug the smoldering mattress out of the room and put out the rest of the fire and cleared smoke from the rooms. All those staying at the Royal Inn were evacuated from their rooms.  There were no injuries.  

The fire call came in at 4:24 Wednesday morning.  Firemen were on the scene just over an hour.   

See other LocalNews news:

Irvington Grade School Honor and High Honor Roll
Salem High School Names Lisa Stephenson As Teacher of the Year
Salem Grade School Board Issues Bonds for $2.5-Million Project
Centralia High School Superintendent Responds to Court Action Over Student Suspension
Centralia City Council Hears More Complaints on Low Flying Planes from Airport




Loyal Listener Club

Club Login

Follow Us At

This Site logo