Mt. Vernon Firemen Called To Fire at Royal InnMt. Vernon Firemen say a fire in a mattress at the Royal Inn at 750 South Tenth had been mostly extinguished before they arrived on the scene early Wednesday morning.
Firemen report they drug the smoldering mattress out of the room and put out the rest of the fire and cleared smoke from the rooms. All those staying at the Royal Inn were evacuated from their rooms. There were no injuries.
The fire call came in at 4:24 Wednesday morning. Firemen were on the scene just over an hour.
See other LocalNews news:Lynn Beats Giants for 1st Time, Hurts Ankle, Cardinals Win
Salem Township Hospital Holding Open House Sunday For New Patient Rooms
Prayer Vigil To Pray for Centralia Community and Change Set for Sunday Afternoon
Candle Light Memorial For Suicide Victims Planned on Marion County Courthouse Square
Police Beat for Saturday, August 29th, 2015