WJBD Radio

Images

Now Playing

Local News

WJBD - Local News - Mt. Vernon Fire Heavily Damages Home Sunday Night

Mt. Vernon Fire Heavily Damages Home Sunday Night

By WJBD News

A Mt. Vernon man refused hospital treatment for minor smoke inhalation received during a fire at his home Sunday night.  Mt. Vernon City Firemen say John Moore of 520 South 19th was cooking on the stove in his kitchen when the fire began.  Moore initially tried to put the fire out himself, but left the home when it got out of hand.  The fire spread from the kitchen through the ceiling into the attic.  An outside wall was also damaged.   Firemen estimate damage at $15,000 to $20,000.  Moore was the only one in the home when firefighters arrived around 5:30 Sunday night.  They were on the scene for about 40 minutes.  

See other LocalNews news:

Rain Holds Off and Large Crowd Watches Kinmundy Homecoming Parade
Carmi Woman Spends Day Trapped in Mud
Wrong Way Crash on I-70 Kills Shobonier Woman
Missed T-Intersection Results in Injury to Odin Driver
Governor Quinn to Live on Minimum Wage for Week




This Site logo