Mortgage Assistance Program to End in SeptemberCHICAGO (AP) - The state of Illinois is encouraging people who face possible loss of their homes through reductions in their incomes to apply for help through a soon-to-expire program.
A news release from Gov. Pat Quinn's office says the Illinois Hardest Hit Program will end Sept. 30. Through it people whose incomes have been cut can apply for up to $35,000 to help with mortgage payments. The money comes from the U.S. Department of Treasury.
Quinn launched the program in 2011 to help cut down on foreclosures in Illinois. More than 9,000 people around the state have used the program so far. The Illinois program is one of 18 state-level federally funded programs around the country to help homeowners with mortgage payments.
Anyone seeking assistance under the Illinois Hardest Hit program, or researching other foreclosure prevention resources, should visit the IFPN website at www.keepyourhomeillinois.org or call the hotline at 855-KEEP-411.
See other LocalNews news:New Illinois Schools Chief Says Funding Fix Could Take Years
Fatal Metropolis Police Shooting Deemed Justified
2 Sentences Reduced in St. Clair Courthouse Drug Scandal
Salem Man Overcome by Carbon Monoxide Fumes
Street Improvement Work To Continue On Boone Street in Salem Monday