Marion County Rabies Clinics ScheduledMarion County Animal Control Administrator Dr. A.J. Sprague begins his free rabies vacinnation clinics across the county Friday night.
Sprague has conducted the clinics the past 28 years to try and assure all pets receive vaccinations. "In order to participate, all someone has to do is show up with their dog or cat. The one year rabies vaccination is absolutely free. Show up at any of the assigned places and we will vaccinate your pet," said Sprague.
Sprague will also provide information to everyone coming to the clinic on care of their pets. He reports there is also an option for pets to be microchipped. "Microchipping is certainly a good idea. It is a fool proof identification. It's half cost. It cost $15 at the rabies clinics. We'll do that as well if someone want to do it strictly on a voluntary basis," said Sprague.
The clinic schedule is as follows.
- Walnut Hill Village Hall on Friday, May 3rd, from six to seven pm.
- Junction City Village Hall on Saturday, May 4th, from nine to 11 am
- Central City Lions Park on Saturday, May 4th, from noon to one pm.
- Iuka Village Hall on Friday, May 17th, from six to seven pm.
- Kinmundy City Park on Saturday, May 18th, from ten to noon.
- Alma Village Hall on Saturday, May 18th, from 12:30 to 1:30 pm.
- Centralia at the All Pets Animal Hospital on Tuesday, May 21st, from five to seven pm.
- Wamac City Park on Thursday, May 23rd, from six to seven pm.
- Centralia at the All Pets Animal Hosptial on Friday, May 24th, from ten to two pm.
- Kell Village Hall on Friday, May 31st, from six to seven pm.
- Patoka Village Hall on Saturday, June 1st, from ten to eleven am.
- Sandoval Village Hall on Saturday, June first, from noon until two.
For more information you can contact All Pets Animal Hospital at 532-4841. You are requested to keep your pets on a leash or in a pet carrier during the clinic.
See other LocalNews news:Iuka Man Sustains Minor Injuries In One Vehicle Wreck
Salem Man Who Claims He Had To Flee House Arrested on Drug Paraphernalia Charge
Vernon Man Charged With Arson For Fire That Destroyed His Home
Gas Drops Below $2 A Gallon Arrives in Illinois
Monday Final Day to File for School Board and Municipal Openings