Centralia City Firemen enter Joyce Barnes home at 309 North Maple to fight a late Tuesday afternoon kitchen fire. Photo by Mitchell Schultheis
Centralia City Firemen prepare to eject smoke from Joyce Barnes home following Tuesday afternoon fire. Phone by Mitchell Schultheis.
Kitchen Fire Causes $7,500 Damage to Centralia HomeCentralia City Firemen estimate damage at $7,500 in a kitchen fire Tuesday afternoon.
Fire officials were called to the home occupied by Joyce Barnes at 309 North Maple when a fire broke out in the cooking oil on the stove. The fire then spread to the blinds and curtains, causing them to fall to the counter top. The fire was knocked down by city firemen before it could spread any further.
Fire damage was limited to the one area of the kitchen, with smoke damage throughout the kitchen. There was light smoke damage to the rest of the home. Damage to the structure itself was placed at $7,000, with an additional $500 damage to the contents.
The home is owned by Nic Foltz.
(If you're reading the news feed, please click on headline for larger and additional photo by Mitchell Schultheis.)
See other LocalNews news:Democrats Introduce Proposed $36.3 Billion Budget for 2016
Smokey Fire Damages Tri-S Excavating in Downtown Odin
Strong Winds Cause Minor Damage Across Region
Foot Chase Leads to Arrest of Salem Man on Multiple Charges
Centralia Man Arrested for Battery and Domestic Battery