Illinois Hunters Encouraged to Donate Deer Meat
Hunters must properly field dress deer before delivering the game to meat processors. Processors won't accept questionable deer. Road kill deer can't be donated because it isn't possible to determine the animal's time of death. The youth firearm deer season starts Saturday. The firearm deer seasons for this year start Nov. 16 and Nov. 29. Muzzleloader seasons begin Nov. 29 and Dec. 7.
Local meat processors in south central Illinois include:
- Blair's Slaughtering and Processing at RR4 Vandalia Road in Louisville - Clay County; Phone 618-665-3424
- Mike's Market, P.O. Box 42, Louisville, IL - Clay County; Phone 618-665-3151
- Behrmann Meat Processing, 202 E. St. Rte. 161, Albers, IL - Clinton County; 618-248-5151
- Trenton Processing Center, 120 W. Broadway, Trenton, IL - Clinton County; 618-224-7383
- John's Venison Processing, Rt. 2 Box 302, Bluford, IL - Jefferson County; 618-732-8570
See other LocalNews news:South Dakota Regulators Grant Dakota Access Pipeline Permit
Bionic Thumb Allows Illinois Man to 'Do Fantastic Things'
Mitsubishi Plant in Normal Ends Production
Illinois Marijuana-Friendly Doctor in Trouble Before
Was It Politics That Led to No Votes On Marion County Budget?