Fire Damages Texico Home; Odin and Salem Respond to CallsFire caused an estimated $2,000 in damage to a rural Texico home Saturday afternoon. Jefferson Rural Firefighters say an electrical short on the back porch started the fire at the Mike and Debbie Dixion home at 18,900 North Hails Lane about two miles south of Field Grade School. Firemen had a quick knockdown of the flames. The fire was confined to the wood in the deck and lumber underneath the house. The fire popped the breaker on the electrical system of the home. The Dixions were home at the time, but escaped safely. Kell Firemen had initially been called for mutual aide, but were called off when arriving Jefferson Rural Firemen quickly knocked down the blaze. The fire call came in at four Saturday afternoon. Firemen had wrapped up the firefighting effort in about a half hour.
Odin Firemen were called to a report of smoke in a house at 45-20 West Line Road in rural Odin Saturday night. Fire personnel could not find the source of the smoke or the smell. Fire Chief Greg Smith says after checking all the appliances, it was determined that the furnace was in fault mode and would not shut off. The power was shut off to the home as a precaution.
Salem Firemen were called out to a damaged gas riser in the Salem Mobile Home Park. The riser was in an area where a trailer had been removed and apparently hit by a vehicle that did not report the accident. Natural gas was pouring out of the ruptured line until Liberty Gas crews arrived on the scene and shut off the gas to the riser.
See other LocalNews news:Iuka Man Charged in Centralia Stabbing
Meier Cupcake Bill Moves Forward
Marion County Jail Gets New Administrator
Details Released in I-57 Accident
One Arrest in Centralia Drug Bust