WJBD Radio

Images

Now Playing

Local News

WJBD - Local News - Fire Damages Room of Mt. Vernon Home

Fire Damages Room of Mt. Vernon Home

By Bruce Kropp, WJBD News

Mt. Vernon City Firefighters say they were able to confine a fire Wednesday morning at the Jennifer Craig home at 1412 South 12th Street in Mt. Vernon to one room.  

Firemen reported light smoke showing from the home upon their arrival.  They initially conducted a search of the home because they thought  Craig might be inside.  During the process, they came across a small fire in the back bedroom and put it out.  Smoke was then removed from the home, with only minor damage reported outside the one room.  

The fire call came in at 8:55 Wednesday morning.     

See other LocalNews news:

Centralia Woman Charged with Vehicular Invasion, Battery
South Central School Registration
Ina Man Sentenced to Prison for Meth Manufacturing
St. Peter Trick Horse Rider Returns Home For C-Bar Rodeo at Fair Wednesday Night
Salem Fire Department Get Signal Changing Equipment




This Site logo