Fire Damages Marion County Housing Unit Apartment
6/19/2013 @ 11:42 AMFire caused an estimated $4,000 damage to a Marion County Housing Unit apartment at 1002 South Marion Street in Centralia Monday night. Centralia City Firemen report the occupant called the fire department and exited the apartment after smoke was beginning to fill the home from the bathroom area. The fire turned out to be in the wiring above the exhaust fan in the bathroom. Firemen were quickly able to knock down the fire, but worked for about an hour to make sure the fire had not spread to the insulation. There was some smoke damage to the bathroom and minor smoke damage to the rest of the apartment. A second shift of firefighters was called in before it was clear how far the fire had spread. The name of the occupant of the apartment was not available on fire reports. The fire was called in at 8:30 Monday night.
See other LocalNews news:Counterfeit $100 Bills Passed in Salem Over the Weekend
More Details Released on Arrest of Centralia Man on Drug Delivery Charges
Chicago Man Makes First Appearance in Court on Laura Leake Park Shooting
Nashville Trucker Escapes Injury in I-57 Crash in Franklin County
Rauner: Democrats Are Agreed on Partial-Year Budget Plan