Fire Damages Garage of Centralia HomeCentralia City Firemen estimate damage at $5,000 from a Friday night garage fire.
Firemen were called to the David Blake home at 1935 West 4th after Blake believed he had put the fire out. However, firemen determined the fire had gotten into the insulation in the attic. They had to pull the insulation out to get to the remainder of the smoldering fire.
Fire officials say the blaze apparently started from some hot ash embers catching some rubbish waste in the garage on fire. The fire spread up a wall to the ceiling. Blake was able to knock down that portion of the fire before calling the fire department. There were no injuries.
The fire call came in at 5:43 Friday night. Firemen were on the scene for about an hour and 15 minutes.
See other LocalNews news:Carlyle Lake Officials 'Call-for-Caution' to All Visitors Due to Elevated Water Levels
Illinois Department of Health Sees Growing Numbers of Mumps Cases at U of I Campus
Democrats Advancing Legislation to Stop Closure of Illinois State Museum
Police Beat for August 3rd, 2015
U of I Plans to 'Party On' All The Way to Number One