Electrical Fire Damages Marion County Housing Authority UnitFire caused an estimated $4,000 damage to a Marion County Housing Unit apartment at 1002 South Marion Street in Centralia Monday night.
Centralia City Firemen report the occupant called the fire department and exited the apartment after smoke was beginning to fill the home from the bathroom area. The fire turned out to be in the wiring above the exhaust fan in the bathroom.
Firemen were quickly able to knock down the fire, but worked for about an hour to make sure the fire had not spread to the insulation. There was some smoke damage to the bathroom and minor smoke damage to the rest of the apartment.
A second shift of firefighters was called in before it was clear how far the fire had spread. The name of the occupant of the apartment was not available on fire reports. The fire was called in at 8:30 Monday night.
See other LocalNews news:Iuka Man Sustains Minor Injuries In One Vehicle Wreck
Salem Man Who Claims He Had To Flee House Arrested on Drug Paraphernalia Charge
Vernon Man Charged With Arson For Fire That Destroyed His Home
Gas Drops Below $2 A Gallon Arrives in Illinois
Monday Final Day to File for School Board and Municipal Openings