Detached Garage Destroyed by Fire in Mt. Vernon
Mt. Vernon City Firemen say the fire was on property owned by the Phillip Bauer family. A vehicle inside was also a total loss. The fire was so hot it melted all the siding off of one wall of the Bauer home and caused other heat damage. Firemen say they were successful in knocking down the fire before it could move into the home. The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
The fire call came in at 11:47 Tuesday night. Firemen were on the scene for about two hours. No injuries were reported.
See other LocalNews news:Election-Year Politics Dim Hopes of Illinois Budget Deal
State Warns of Toxic Algae Forming on Illinois Lakes, Rivers
New U of Illinois Contract Gives Non-Tenured Faculty Raises
Memorial Day Services Planned in Salem, Centralia, and Patoka
Centralia Grade School Names Chad Beguelin Reach For Stars Award Winner