WJBD Radio

Images

Now Playing

Local News

WJBD - Local News - Centralia Fire Monday Caused by Laundry Basket Full of Oil-Covered Rags

Centralia Fire Monday Caused by Laundry Basket Full of Oil-Covered Rags

By Bruce Kropp, WJBD News

A laundry basket full of washed and dried rags that at one point were covered in oil began a smoldering fire in the basement of a Centralia home early Monday morning.  Centralia City Firemen were called to the Brooke Smith home at 216 North Beech when the smoke alarm started sounding and the occupants found the basement full of smoke.  Firemen were able to move the basket of rags outside where it ignited into flames when reaching an additional oxygen source.  Firemen then cleared smoke from the basement without any apparent lasting damage.  The fire call came in at 1:45 Monday morning.  

See other LocalNews news:

Kell Man on the Run for 3 Months Gets Additional Five Year Prison Term
Carlyle Lake Polar Plunge Raises $103,729 For Special Olympics
More Salem Traffic Lights To Allow Firemen To Clear Traffic In Front of Them
Governor's Proposed Cut Would Cost Salem $352,000
Salem City Council to Further Discuss Video Gaming Concerns




This Site logo