Health & Fitness News
German Beachgoers Most Likely to Skinny Dip
(NEW YORK) -- Germans rank as the most likely beachgoers to skinny dip, according to online travel agency Expedia's 2013 Flip Flop Report.
Expedia's Flip Flop Report studied beach behavior across 21 countries.
This year 17 percent of Germans reported having sunbathed naked on a public beach, up from 15 percent last year.
In contrast, only five percent of Americans this year reported they’ve gone nude at the beach.
Harris Interactive, conducting the study online on Expedia’s behalf, asked global consumers a wide range of beach-related questions, such as comfort with nudity, fear of sharks and tolerance of bathing suits such as a Speedo.
More beach results from Expedia:
- Most Likely to Build a Sand Castle: India
- Most Likely to Have Wallet/Possessions Stolen: U.S.
- Most Likely to Have a Fear of Drowning: Malaysia
- Most Likely to Say a Speedo is Acceptable Swimwear: France
- Least Likely to Be Comfortable with Topless Sunbathing: India
- Least Likely to Avoid the Water Because of Shark fear: U.S.
Copyright 2013 ABC News Radio
See other Health news:More Americans Pledging to Kick the Soda Habit
Plane Carrying First Ebola Patient to Land in Georgia Saturday
Two Americans with Ebola to Be Flown Back to US 'Early Next Week'
Tenn. Doctor in Quarantine After Ebola Outbreak: 'I'm Feeling Well'
Do You Hear Sounds After Playing Video Games?