Oprah Winfrey Launching Self-Help Tour this Fall
(NEW YORK) -- Oprah Winfrey is taking her act on the road. The former daytime TV queen will launch a self-help tour this fall.
In each city, "Oprah's The Life You Want Weekend" will be staged as a two-day event. On the first day, Winfrey will share her personal story. On the following day, she will invite onto the stage personalities who are familiar to her fans, including spiritual life coach and OWN host Iyanla Vanzant, Eat, Pray, Love author Elizabeth Gilbert, and Pastor Rob Bell.
In addition, author and medical guru Deepak Chopra will make appearances in select cities.
Winfrey says in a statement, “All of my life I have wanted to lead people to an empathy space. To a gratitude space.” She adds, “I want us all to fulfill our greatest potential. To find our calling, and summon the courage to live it.”
Her tour will make stops in eight cities, beginning in Atlanta the weekend of Sept. 5. Tickets go on sale April 7 on Oprah.com/Tour.
Here is Winfrey's itinerary:
- 09/5-6 -- Atlanta, Philips Arena
- 09/12-13 -- Auburn Hills, Mich., The Palace of Auburn Hills
- 09/19-20 -- Washington, D.C., Verizon Center
- 09/26-27 -- Newark, N.J., Prudential Center
- 10/17-18 -- Houston, Toyota Center
- 10/24-25 -- Miami, AmericanAirlines Arena
- 11/7-8 -- Seattle, KeyArena at Seattle Center
- 11/14-15 -- San Jose, Calif., SAP Center at San Jose
Copyright 2014 ABC News Radio
See other Entertainment news:One Direction Album Debuts at Number 1 on Billboard 200 Chart
Proof Even Jennifer Aniston's Friends Have No Idea When Her Wedding Is
Lea Thompson Reflects on "Back to the Future" 30 Years Later
"Dancing With the Stars" Host Tom Bergeron on How Julianne Hough Did First Time as Judge
Taylor Swift Reveals Who She Gets Dressed Up For