Oprah Winfrey Launching Self-Help Tour this Fall
(NEW YORK) -- Oprah Winfrey is taking her act on the road. The former daytime TV queen will launch a self-help tour this fall.
In each city, "Oprah's The Life You Want Weekend" will be staged as a two-day event. On the first day, Winfrey will share her personal story. On the following day, she will invite onto the stage personalities who are familiar to her fans, including spiritual life coach and OWN host Iyanla Vanzant, Eat, Pray, Love author Elizabeth Gilbert, and Pastor Rob Bell.
In addition, author and medical guru Deepak Chopra will make appearances in select cities.
Winfrey says in a statement, “All of my life I have wanted to lead people to an empathy space. To a gratitude space.” She adds, “I want us all to fulfill our greatest potential. To find our calling, and summon the courage to live it.”
Her tour will make stops in eight cities, beginning in Atlanta the weekend of Sept. 5. Tickets go on sale April 7 on Oprah.com/Tour.
Here is Winfrey's itinerary:
- 09/5-6 -- Atlanta, Philips Arena
- 09/12-13 -- Auburn Hills, Mich., The Palace of Auburn Hills
- 09/19-20 -- Washington, D.C., Verizon Center
- 09/26-27 -- Newark, N.J., Prudential Center
- 10/17-18 -- Houston, Toyota Center
- 10/24-25 -- Miami, AmericanAirlines Arena
- 11/7-8 -- Seattle, KeyArena at Seattle Center
- 11/14-15 -- San Jose, Calif., SAP Center at San Jose
Copyright 2014 ABC News Radio
See other Entertainment news:WATCH: Reese Witherspoon’s Inspiring Message to Boy with Cancer
Homer Simpson Accepts the Ice Bucket Challenge
Husband of Whitney Houston's Daughter Arrested for DUI
Reports: Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt Married Saturday in France
Joan Rivers Hospitalized for Cardiac Arrest