"Transformers: Age of Extinction" Tops 4th of July Weekend Box Office
(LOS ANGELES) -- Transformers: Age of Extinction has topped the box office again, bringing in $36.4 million during the 4th of July weekend.
Tammy came in second this weekend, earning $21.2 million. The comedy was written by Melissa McCarthy and her husband Ben Falcone. McCarthy stars in the flick alongside Susan Sarandon and Kathy Bates.
Here are the top ten films of the weekend according to boxofficemojo.com:
1. Transformers: Age of Extinction: $36.4 million
2. Tammy: $21.2 million
3. Deliver Us From Evil: $9.5 million
4. 22 Jump Street: $9.4 million
5. How to Train Your Dragon 2: $8.8 million
6. Earth to Echo: $8.3 million
7. Maleficent: $6.1 million
8. Jersey Boys: $5.2 million
9. Think Like a Man Too: $4.9 million
10. Edge of Tomorrow: $3.6 million
Copyright 2014 ABC News Radio
See other Entertainment news:"Fury" Takes Top Spot at Box Office in Its Opening Weekend
Queen Latifah to Host Hollywood Film Awards
Michael Keaton Feels 'Blessed' for Starring Role in "Birdman"
Movie Review: “Fury” (Rated R)
Portia de Rossi Says No Kids With Ellen DeGeneres Is 'Disappointing the Whole of America'