"Identity Thief" Tops Box Office with $36.6 Million
(NEW YORK) -- Identity Thief stole a victory at the box office over the weekend.
The Jason Bateman-Melissa McCarthy comedy opened in first place with an estimated $36.6 million.
The previous box office champ, Warm Bodies, slipped to the second spot, with $11.5 million.
The weekend's other wide release, the Steven Soderbergh thriller Side Effects, rounded out the top three, collecting $10 million.
Here are the top 10 movies from Friday through Sunday, with estimated ticket sales:
1. Identity Thief, $36.6 million
2. Warm Bodies, $11.5 million
3. Side Effects, $10 million
4. Silver Linings Playbook, $6.9 million
5. Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters, $5.8 million
6. Mama, $4.3 million
7. Zero Dark Thirty, $4 million
8. Argo, $2.5 million
9. Django Unchained, $2.3 million
10. Bullet to the Head, $2 million
Copyright 2013 ABC News Radio
See other Entertainment news:Aaron Paul Spent Boozy Weekend with Michael Jackson in a Castle
Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones Enjoy a Private Dinner
Philip Seymour Hoffman Film to Be Released May 9
"The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" Hits DVD, Blu-Ray
Ke$ha Out of Rehab, Says She's 'Feeling Healthy'