"Ender's Game" Wins Weekend Box Office
(NEW YORK) -- Ender's Game won the box office, bringing in $28 million in its opening weekend.
The film, an adaptation of Orson Scott Card's novel, follows a young boy who is recruited and trained to lead a military into battle against an alien race that has invaded a futuristic Earth. Rated PG-13, Ender's Game's cast includes stars like Harrison Ford and Ben Kingsley alongside The Help's Viola Davis.
After leading the pack last weekend, Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa came in second place this weekend with newly-opened films Last Vegas and Free Birds finishing second and third.
Here are the top ten films from the weekend box office according to boxofficemojo.com:
1. Ender's Game: $28 million
2. Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa: $20.5 million
3. Last Vegas: $16.52 million
4. Free Birds: $16.2 million
5. Gravity: $13.13 million
6. Captain Phillips: $8.5 million
7. 12 Years A Slave: $4.6 million
8. Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2: $4.2 million
9. Carrie (2013): $3.4 million
10. The Counselor: $3.25 million
Copyright 2013 ABC News Radio
See other Entertainment news:Movie Review: "Sin City: A Dame to Kill For" (R)
Nick Cannon Confirms He and Mariah Carey Are Living Apart
Gwyneth Paltrow Does Ice Bucket Challenge in Bikini, Nominates Ex Chris Martin
Beyonce’s Mom Quashes Divorce Rumors: 'Everything’s Perfect'
Meg Ryan and John Mellencamp Split