"Ender's Game" Wins Weekend Box Office
(NEW YORK) -- Ender's Game won the box office, bringing in $28 million in its opening weekend.
The film, an adaptation of Orson Scott Card's novel, follows a young boy who is recruited and trained to lead a military into battle against an alien race that has invaded a futuristic Earth. Rated PG-13, Ender's Game's cast includes stars like Harrison Ford and Ben Kingsley alongside The Help's Viola Davis.
After leading the pack last weekend, Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa came in second place this weekend with newly-opened films Last Vegas and Free Birds finishing second and third.
Here are the top ten films from the weekend box office according to boxofficemojo.com:
1. Ender's Game: $28 million
2. Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa: $20.5 million
3. Last Vegas: $16.52 million
4. Free Birds: $16.2 million
5. Gravity: $13.13 million
6. Captain Phillips: $8.5 million
7. 12 Years A Slave: $4.6 million
8. Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2: $4.2 million
9. Carrie (2013): $3.4 million
10. The Counselor: $3.25 million
Copyright 2013 ABC News Radio
See other Entertainment news:Andi Dorfman and Josh Murray Share Details of Their Secret Atlanta Dates
Elizabeth Banks on Balancing Motherhood and Career
Andi Dorfman and Josh Murray Talked Engagement Rings in Fantasy Suite
Maksim Chmerkovskiy Avoids Questions about Dating Jennifer Lopez
Lisa Kudrow Shows Up for Jury Duty, Gets Dismissed