WJBD Radio

Images

Now Playing

Entertainment

WJBD - Entertainment - "Dancing with the Stars": Who's Returning? Who's Competing?

"Dancing with the Stars": Who's Returning? Who's Competing?

ABC/ADAM TAYLOR(LOS ANGELES) -- There seems to be a ton of shake up on Dancing With the Stars.

After the ABC dancing competition ditched its longtime music director and replaced co-host Brooke Burke-Charvet with sports reporter Erin Andrews, sources say that DWTS may now welcome back pro dancers Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Derek Hough this season.

According to E! News, various sources say Chmerkovskiy, the bad boy of the ballroom, will return along with Hough for the dance competition's 18th season.

"Maks will return this season as a pro," one source said. "Everyone's looking forward to having him back."

And although the celebrity contestants will officially be revealed on ABC's Good Morning America on March 4, according to E! News, Real Housewives of Atlanta's NeNe Leakes, Full House star Candace Cameron Bure and Cody Simpson will compete for the Mirror Ball Trophy.

Don't count on the current "Bachelor," Juan Pablo Galavis, making an appearance in the ballroom. E! says he was initially considered for Dancing with the Stars but was deemed to be "too risky" because of the "negativity" surrounding him.

Earlier this year, Galavis suggested that The Bachelor should not cast a gay man in the titular role -- he later claimed his words were taken out of context. And this week, some of the contestants from the current Bachelor season mocked him on Twitter.

DWTS is going through a lot of changes, but not everyone is happy about them. Longtime judge Carrie Ann Inaba isn't thrilled that Burke-Charvet got the boot, and said she was surprised to hear the news.

"I was floored," Inaba told E! News. "I immediately texted her to see if she was OK."

"We all know this kind of stuff happens in our business and we all have to be prepared and nothing's forever and you have to be willing to change, but it was shocking," Inaba continued. "I'm not going to lie -- I was shocked and saddened."

Still, Inaba said she's interested to see how Andrews, who reportedly replaced Burke-Charvet to attract younger viewers, will contribute to the show.

"I think it's going to change the vibe of the show a little bit," Inaba added. "I think that when she's asking questions she's going to push some buttons a little bit. I'm curious to see how that'll work."

The new season of ABC's Dancing With the Stars premieres March 17.

Copyright 2014 ABC News Radio

See other Entertainment news:

Joe Manganiello Won't Apologize for Checking Out Sofia Vergara
Jennifer Hudson to Perform on Stand Up to Cancer Charity Telecast
Billy Crystal to Pay Tribute to Robin Williams at Emmys
Experts Predict Good Things for "Breaking Bad" at the Emmys
Pharrell's Hat Going on Display in Washington, D.C.




This Site logo